Monday, May 2, 2011

Lavender Shortbread

A friend recently asked me if I have any recipes using lavender. It just so happens that I do! I thought while I was sharing with her, I'd share with the rest of the interwebs!



Ingredients:

1 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Teaspoons Rosewater (or almond milk, if you don't have rosewater)
2 Tbs. Dried Lavender
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour

Preheat oven to 350 F

Mix earth balance, sugar, lavender, and rose water together until fluffy. Mix in flour. The dough should be sticky, but not too soft.

Divide dough in half, form into flat round cakes, cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.

Roll out dough on parchment paper until rounds are very thin. Just make sure they are all consistent so they bake evenly. Place parchment on cookies sheet and bake for 15 mins. You are looking for a golden edge.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Ashley! Yum and yum! I love your recipes and food is delish!

    ReplyDelete